Mirra Co., LLC.
Work Smart, Work Safe.
Mirra is looking for an in-house Heavy Equipment Mechanic to assist in diesel equipment repairs and preventive maintenance of commercial motor vehicles, passenger vehicles, and heavy equipment. We are hiring for a full-time, Monday – Friday position with overtime opportunities. New Heavy Equipment Mechanics have the opportunity to work for our top-notch and growing fleet in Georgetown, MA. The mechanic will be responsible for working with Mirra’s experienced team in conducting repairs and maintenance for a fleet of over 300 pieces of equipment and commercial vehicles.
- Services and oversees repairs of all types of heavy equipment and commercial motor vehicles (CMV)
- Conducts preventive maintenance on the fleet
- Performs safety inspections on equipment and CMV
- Maintains a safe shop work environment
- Adheres to all Federal, State and manufacturer safety requirements.
- Performs other duties assigned by fleet manager
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Experience as mechanic; vehicle maintenance, heavy equipment, diesel engines, electronics systems, automotive lubrication, electricity, automotive brakes, hand tools and hydraulics
- Past experience in trucking, forklift, diesel mechanics, or loader operations
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex equipment problems
- Must pass pre-employment random drug screen
- Must pass background and Mass CORI check
- OSHA 10 certification in construction
- Valid Driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time
Pay is based on experience and skill level and have opportunity to negotiate pay rate.
Not just a number.
At Mirra, each individual contributes something special to their company and their coworkers, every day. This defines our history and is a guiding principle for the future.
Working safely is not just a slogan.
Safety is the most essential part of our approach to everything we do at Mirra.
We recognize that respect is earned. We respect each other for our experience and our work. We respect our client partners.
We believe that our growth as a company is defined entirely by the growth of our people. The more clearly we outline growth opportunities for our people, the more clear the growth path of the company becomes.