Mirra Co., LLC.
Work Smart, Work Safe.
We are hiring Utility Line Locators and GPR Technicians for Mirra’s Underground Civil Divisions throughout Massachusetts. The primary function of this positions is to locate existing underground utilities and use ground penetrating radar to identify possible anomalies and unmarked utilities. Prior experience in locating or GPR is not necessary, although preferred.
- Operating and managing heavy equipment, such as backhoes, forklifts, bulldozers, excavators, dump trucks, loaders, skid steers
- You will be responsible for the correct, safe and efficient locating of underground utilities including: telecommunications, fiber optic cabling, septic systems, electric power, cable TV, gas (oq’s required), water and sewer systems
- Taking time to thoroughly search for underground utilities in an area, properly marking the location, completing the necessary paperwork and photographing each location to offer security clearance to our team.
- Able and willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions. Previous outdoor experience is a plus.
- Able to work in a busy environment that may include roadways; must be able walk, bend, and lift up to 40 lbs.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Computer proficiency: word, excel, PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Must pass pre-employment random drug screen
- Must pass background and Mass CORI check
- OSHA 10 certification in construction
Job Type: Full-time
Pay is based on experience and skill level and have opportunity to negotiate pay rate.
Not just a number.
At Mirra, each individual contributes something special to their company and their coworkers, every day. This defines our history and is a guiding principle for the future.
Working safely is not just a slogan.
Safety is the most essential part of our approach to everything we do at Mirra.
We recognize that respect is earned. We respect each other for our experience and our work. We respect our client partners.
We believe that our growth as a company is defined entirely by the growth of our people. The more clearly we outline growth opportunities for our people, the more clear the growth path of the company becomes.